Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Waiting Room

We have been waiting this year. Waiting in God's waiting room. Shane and Shane (www.shaneandshane.com)
have a song called 'Waiting Room' that parallels what we experienced.

Lord i know if i change my mind
You will change my heart in time
Sovereign Lord this time's from You
so i sit in the waiting room of silence
cause its all about You

He designed our time here, and just recently, our name was called to move on. After facing a year of uncertainty in my husband's employment, our souls were parched and bewildered wondering if we had missed anything else in this time of self-examination. No, it had so much less to do with us, and so much more to do with God's orchestration of events. It continues to amaze me that when I think nothing more can be squeezed out of a deadline, He does it, and so masterfully like only the Creator God can.

He is a good and faithful God. Even though moving to a new state was not part of my plan for this year, His goodness awaits my family and I there. Though the boxes and the parting goodbyes are never easy nor pleasant, I am so thankful to be out of the waiting room.

No comments: