Friday, December 2, 2011

How Jesus Grew

Lately, I've been doing a Bible study by a mentor of mine through the Gospel of Luke. In studying chapter 2, two verses were really impressed upon me:

vs. 40 "And the child grew and became strong, filled with wisdom. And the favor of God was upon him." --infancy -12 years old

vs. 52 "And Jesus increased in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man."--12 years - 30 years old

The child Jesus ...
Grew in Strength .... of spirit
Grew in Stature ... of body & mind
Stayed Submissive ... to his earthly parents (vs. 51)

I'm challenged by the order of this. We take the children to well-checks at the doctor to see how their bodies are growing; we watch carefully over their grades to see how they are doing in school. I am moved by this to make sure that I am giving just as much if not earlier attention to see that they grow strong in their spirits.


No comments: